Moorefield GAA

Founded 1884

Co. Kildare

About Moorefield GAA

Moorefield GAA is a football, hurling and camogie club established in 1882 by two brothers, John O’Kelly of Moorefield Road and James O’Kelly of Ballymany. The brothers were instrumental in forming the first football team in Newbridge, calling themselves the JJ O’Kellys. When the GAA was formed in 1884 the club changed its name from J J O’Kelly’s to Moorefield, the name of the local townland.

Today, Moorefield GAA pitches are busy catering for our numerous Football, Hurling, Ladies Football and Camogie teams of all ages and levels with our underage football section the Mini Moores and hurling/camogie programmes the Mighty Moores growing from strength to strength on a weekly basis. The dedication of our underage coaches is already paying dividends with our U23 Football, U16 Hurlers, U14 Football, U13 Football, U13 Camogie and U12 Football teams all securing silverware in from December 2022 to December 2023.

Where to find us 

Main Street to Moorefield GAA Club

- Head Southwest on Edward Street to the Curragh
- Continue onto Moorefield Road
- Continue onto Ballymany Road/ R445
- At the Roundabout take the 3rd exit onto R413/ R445
- Continue to follow R413
- Go through the roundabout (To Kildare Town)
- Take a right turn after the Curragh Racecourse
- Go over the bridge
- Moorefield is on your left hand side

Our eircode is R56 YH94


Download ClubZap

Get live information for Club on the ClubZap App

App Store Google Play